WRITERS WANTED! (posted on behalf of LA County DHSP)
TRANS in LA is a blog and social media network (Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter) for the Los Angeles County trans community. We are for trans by trans in partnership with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. It is our hope to be a fully by trans, for trans writing venture.
We are currently looking to increase our pool of writers from the Los Angeles County trans community.
Posts are generally 250-500 words in length and we offer one $30 Target gift card for every article that is approved and posted to the network.
Articles will be considered from our 4-key content areas:
- Self-Care: Taking care of ourselves is so important to overall wellbeing. These articles will explore all of the many activities we do to take care of our mind and body, for example, articles related to nutrition, education, health or beauty.
- TRANsports: What do you love to do to stay active? These articles will explore the many sports and fitness activities throughout LA County from the trans perspective, highlighting the inclusivity policies and addressing obstacles.
- Community Profiles: Want to share a personal story or tell us about someone who is making a difference? These articles highlight the diverse individuals who make up the LA trans community through: 1) personal story; 2) interviews with trans community members; or 3) highlighting a program/agency that is working to improve the LA trans community.
- Cultural Events: Know of great events by trans for trans? We want to know too! Share the best of the best with our community through a short review highlighting the what, where and when.
- Acceptance Criteria:
Author identifies as a member of the trans community
- Author lives in LA County
- Article topic is in one of the 4-defined content areas as defined above
- Appropriate credit must be given to outside sources
- All articles must go through a review/approval process by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Revisions to articles may be required prior to final approval
- Only articles that receive final approval will be posted
- Bilingual material is welcome