Call for Participants for Research Project on the Partners of Trans People
- Are you a partner of a trans* or gender variant person?
- Have you been in the relationship for at least 6 months?
- Has your partner come out or transitioned in some way during your relationship, including coming out as trans to you or to others, starting to live in their preferred gender part-time or full-time, starting hormones, or having a gender-related surgery during your relationship?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the questions above, I am interested in interviewing you about your experiences. I am particularly interested in interviewing anyone in one or more of the following categories:
- People of color
- People in an interracial relationship
- Trans-identified partners of trans people
- Men or masculine-identified partners of trans people
- Partners of trans women
The interview will involve questions about your experiences being in a relationship with someone who is transgender or gender variant and is expected to last from 1 to 3 hours.
Please contact me, Carey Jean Sojka, at email@example.com or 541-552-6750 for more information. I am a doctoral candidate at the University at Albany, SUNY, and the partner of a publicly out trans guy.
This project has been reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review Board at the University at Albany. Questions concerning your rights as a participant in this research may be addressed to University at Albany Office of Regulatory & Research Compliance at 1-866-857-5459 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please post widely.